The Enterprise Marketing Services department is recruiting an experienced
Digital Asset Archivist reporting to the EMS Content Librarian. The department
maintains thousands of long-term image assets and document files, maintains
file information for each asset, and is responsible for delivery of these
materials to multiple channels from the Content Management System (CMS).
The Archivists duties include entry and verification of tags and descriptive
metadata for promotional asset files and loading of these materials into the
Content Management System.
* Highly proficient in English language, written and spoken
* Proficient in use of Windows and Mac operating systems, specifically for file management
* Mastery of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
* Data entry ability to enter data efficiently and with high quality & accuracy
* Experience in maintaining enterprise-scale asset management systems
* Proven follow-through and ability to meet deadlines
* Flexibility in accommodating rapid change
* In-depth knowledge of media usage rights issues
* Accuracy, excellent memory and eye for detail
* Experience with Adobe suite of products desirable but not required
* Prior experience with creative and graphics desirable but not required.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Working as part of a team to define and document metadata for promotional material files to support the import of files into the Content Management System (CMS).
* Develop and maintain an understanding of internal metadata models, including key metadata fields and how each field is defined and used
* Understand metadata guidelines and standards, fields and valid values lists and correctly tag promotional material files using this information
* Develop and insert tagging and metadata for promotional material files
* Open and view files (images, artwork, etc.)
* Select and/or apply correct metadata values and tags
* Document file-specific metadata
* Documentation may also include preparation and attachment of thumbnail images to workbooks to facilitate review with business and marketing personnel
* Support business and marketing review of metadata and performing post review edits and updates
* Maintain version control for files and documents
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6125/