(New Orleans, LA)
The Photograph Archives Technician's primary duties will be to catalog the
Museum's collection of
World War II photographs. The position will also be responsible for the
production of digital images via scanning and will also assist with procedures
for researchers/clients ordering photographs. Reporting to the Senior
Archivist/Digital Projects Manager, this position will also help to assist
with the general care and documentation of library and archival collections
including the cataloging of other materials, record keeping, storage,
maintenance, digitization and retrieval. A Bachelor's Degree is required; a
Masters in History or a Library and Information Science (MLIS) program is
preferred. An authoritative knowledge of WWII material culture and major
events is required.
* Bachelors degree; Masters in History or Library and Information Science preferred.
* Authoritative knowledge of WWII material culture and major events.
* Knowledge of archival procedures, familiarity with collection databases and experience handling archival collections.
* Working knowledge of image scanning and processing software such as Adobe Photoshop.
* Working knowledge of word processing spreadsheet and database software applications.
* Familiarity with file formats and digitization best practices.
Interested candidates should apply online or mail resumes to 945 Magazine St.,
New Orleans, LA 70130.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6147/