Academic Benchmarks is a small, highly profitable company that provides
services to the leading K-12 education technology and publishing companies.
We've spent the last 10 years building an enviable portfolio of clients and
valuable intellectual property in our quest to help users address the
complexities of meaningfully describing educational resources for search and
alignment. Our efforts have enabled educators in classrooms across the world
to effectively determine the most appropriate materials to help their students
Over the last ten years, Academic Benchmarks has changed the way education
technology has used academic standards data. The company possesses the most
comprehensive collection of standards and related descriptive metadata in K-12
education. Building on this wealth of data, the company now seeks to explore
ways to enhance and expand the client accessibility to this data. The newly
created Data Librarian position will play a critical role in determining how
Academic Benchmarks charts its path forward and prepares for increased
● Participate in the evaluation of metadata effectiveness and perform
necessary maintenance tasks on metadata to ensure its accuracy and continued
access for the AB client community and staff.
● Oversee collection management, metadata, document delivery, user
education/outreach services, and influence web development and technology
● Collaborate with Development team on metadata library maintenance and
● Assist in the delivery of standards and other metadata to external content,
assessment, and platform providers and identify ways to improve information
● Recommend, improve, and enforce SOP's pertaining to rules, policies, and
security issues to maximize the tracking and accountability of company's
● Ongoing inventory of stored material to efficiently identify assets, and
maintaining a regular database and inventory report for appropriate internal
● Assist in the selection of standards and metadata vocabularies for inclusion
in the library to meet the Academic Benchmarks clients and Development
● Conduct searches of learning standards and metadata initiatives, analyzes
and evaluates data, extracts pertinent information.
● Degree in Library Science and a minimum 3-years recent work experience.
● Familiarity with content of K-12 education and information resources.
● Demonstrated project management, analytical, and problem solving skills,
with an aptitude for complex and detailed work.
● Knowledge of discovery tools and metadata practices supporting discovery,
specifically in a library context; awareness of current issues and trends in
metadata and digitallibrary development; demonstrated
programming skill and ability (Python, PHP, Perl, etc.), especially related to
metadata manipulation preferred.
● Knowledge of information technologies such as search, library automation,
collaboration, API, RSS, blogs, and wikis.
● Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal groups and
● Ability to take initiative and to be self-directed and
● 100% employer paid health, dental and vision for employee (and reasonable
costs for your qualified dependents)
● Ample paid time off and company holidays
**Location:** Cincinnati, OH or Washington, DC
Interested candidates should submit their resume and compensation expectations
to Matt Doherty, matt (at) academicbenchmarks (dot) com.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6986/