The Integrated Library System Librarian is primarily responsible for the
management and ongoing development of NSU Libraries' Innovative Interfaces
Inc. (III) integrated library system (ILS). This system serves as the online
catalog and provides technical services support functions to all of the NSU
_**Essential Job Functions:**_
1. Provides user, operational, and technical support for the ILS.
2. Analyzes, records and resolves system issues. Coordinates with III Help
Desk to track and resolve problems that cannot be resolved locally.
3. Works closely with staff and patron communities to customize the ILS as
4. Installs and tests all new IIII system software releases and add-on
5. Maintain and develop NovaCat web catalog.
6. Recommends software and hardware solutions that are compatible with and
complementary to the ILS.
7. Provides management and statistical reports to Executive Director.
8. Provides staff instruction for new system releases and upgrades.
9. Create and review ILS procedures to ensure consistency with NSU Library
policies; communicate changes and new procedures, appropriately.
10. Act as facilitator for staff committees to monitor and provide feedback on
11. Serves as library's primary contact with Innovative Interfaces Inc.
12. Actively participates in enhancement request process and other activities
of the Innovative Users Group.
13. May be expected to assume responsibility for supervision of library
support staff, volunteers, and/or student employees.
14. Other duties as assigned.
_**Other Job Functions:**_
1. Troubleshoot access issues for the library's licensed content.
2. Maintain and update ezproxy software.
3. Serves on Library, University, and external committees as appropriate, and
participates in scholarly and professional activity.
_**Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:**_
1. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of library principles, practices
2. Demonstrated skills in using current technologies, including online
3. Demonstrated ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in
4. Demonstrated organization and problem solving skills.
5. The ability to work both independently without direct supervision as well
as in a team environment.
6. Considerable knowledge of general community needs and interests in relation
to library services in the areas of specialization.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of resources and delivery of services.
8. Showing potential leadership ability by successful participation in small
teams, committees, or projects.
9. Evidence of creative contributions and accomplishments.
10. Evidence of cross-departmental collaboration.
11. Evidence of professional and educational development through ongoing
continuing education leading to a specialization in a work related field.
12. Evidence of professional growth, including participation and contributions
to the profession. This can include service on library committees; service for
professional organizations at a local, regional or national level;
presentations given on and off campus; published articles and research.
13. Knowledge of cataloging, including MARC and AACR2.
Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited school.
1. Two (2) years of experience in an academic, research, or special library.
2. One (1) year experience managing integrated library systems. Innovative
Interface Inc. system preferred.
3. Experience with HTML coding and web page development.
4. Experience with relational database management systems, e.g. Oracle, MySQL,
1. Proficiency using software programs/products associated with library
functions, including experience maintaining and supporting library automated
systems and resources (EZProxy, ILLiad, etc.)
2. Experience with library systems, library desktop applications, circulation,
serials, cataloging and acquisitions workflow, as well as integrated library
systems and bibliographic utilities (OCLC)
3. Knowledge of scripting languages necessary to Voyager & other library
software (e.g. PHP, C/C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, Visual Basic, etc.).
4. Experience with a III Sierra ILS.
Must apply online at http://www.nsujobs.com. See positon
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/7031/