The NCSU Libraries serves as the gateway to recorded
knowledge and information for the NC State community and its partners,
offering a competitive advantage in attracting and retaining the best faculty
and students to the university. For more information about the Libraries,
please see http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/aboutthelibraries/
**Essential Job Duties**
The Web Developer is a member of the Web team in the NCSU Libraries' User
Experience Department. The Web team builds user-centered web sites and
applications that support the learning and research needs of the NC State
community. The Libraries' Web development environment is based on LAMP, and
uses Drupal as a content management framework to integrate a complex set of
As a member of the NCSU Libraries' Web team, the Web developer provides
programming, web development and design expertise.
Works with the Web team and in-house stakeholders to assess requirements for
web applications and features. Identifies and implements appropriate solutions
to meet requirements using a combination of CMS functions, third-party tools,
and custom development.
Implements usable, accessible designs, demonstrating best practices for coding
and content presentation.
Develops and maintains the Libraries' Content Management System (Drupal).
Participates actively in the Drupal user community to keep abreast of
developments and approaches to using Drupal to deliver Libraries' content and
tools. Continually works to optimize the Drupal content editor experience.
Serves as a key member of the team that performs regular Drupal system
Documents code and workflow, and manages development within a versioning
**Departmental Required Skills**
* Demonstrated experience with current Web development languages and tools, especially server-side scripting.
* Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in web design, programming, accessibility, and usability.
* Working knowledge of the role of content management systems and frameworks in effective large-scale website development.
* Significant experience with content management systems, including implementation, maintenance, module development, and theming.
* Substantial working knowledge of console tools such as Chrome Web Developer Tools, Firebug, etc.
* Demonstrated experience with common Web design and prototyping tools, such as Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, etc.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with technical and non-technical colleagues and stakeholders.
* Very good oral and written and communication skills.
* Ability to communicate options for technical solutions to staff across all levels of the organization.
* Ability to shift priorities and adjust time/efforts accordingly.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6861/