Under general direction of the director, the successful candidate
will be part of a team that will create software
applications that will be the core functionality of the final product of
research projects; participates in overall design of product; assists in bug
tracking and error discovery; repairs and improves software.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
* Participates in Java programming and database development including general testing and bug-tracking.
* Serves as a liaison and collaborates with external researchers and their technical support.
* Participates in team design meetings, one-to-one consultation with peers, supervisors, and external collaborators.
* Performs focused error discovery.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
* Knowledge of Web research and development technologies
* Knowledge of programming and graphic design
* Project management skills
* Content management skills
* Interpersonal/human relations skills
* Customer service skills, with ability to provide site management solutions
* Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data
* Ability to perform work that is technically oriented, working on various platforms, including PC, Mac, Windows and Linux
* Ability to recognize trends in Web development
* Ability to design and develop Web site programs
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and experience equivalent to:
* Bachelor's degree; supplemented with two (2) years of related work experience.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6887/