Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon, invites applications for a
Science/Data Services Librarian at the Aubrey R. Watzek Library. Watzek
Library supports the College of Arts & Sciences and the Graduate School of
Education & Counseling, and is a member of the Orbis Cascade Alliance, a
consortium of 37 academic libraries in the Pacific Northwest.
The library staff of 25 offers specialized research consultations, a course-
integrated program of information literacy instruction, a librarian liaison
for each academic department and program of study, robust special collections
& archives, several curriculum-integrated digital initiatives, and a Visual
Resources Center. When classes are in session, the library is open 24 hours
The Science/Data Services Librarian is an entry-level position that:
* Provides leadership in the planning, implementation, and assessment of library research and data services in support of the natural sciences and other data-related disciplines.
* Develops liaison partnerships with science faculty, staff, and students to support teaching, learning, and research and incorporates new approaches and technologies into existing and future services.
* Teaches course-integrated information literacy, assists students and faculty at the reference desk and with in-depth research consultations.
Lewis & Clark College will conduct background checks on the finalist(s).
Lewis & Clark College is an equal opportunity employer.
* Master's degree in Library and/or Information Science
* Knowledge of the scientific research process and data management tools
* Familiarity with science and statistical information resources and user needs
* Experience in and enthusiasm for teaching
* Commitment to excellence in public service
* Demonstrated capacity to work effectively and collegially with library staff, faculty, and students
* Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
* Bachelor's and/or Graduate degree in one of the sciences
* Data management experience
* Demonstrated project management experience
* Experience in library outreach and advocacy
More information available at:[https://jobs.lclark.edu/post
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6650/