About the Archives: The Office of Archives and Records collects, preserves,
and makes available the permanent and official records of the Archdiocese of
Atlanta, its people, institutions, and associations. It documents the
historical richness, development, and the spiritual, temporal and business
affairs of the Catholic Church in North Georgia.
Duties: The Records Analyst will assist the Director of the Office of Archives
and Records to appraise, schedule, and manage all Archdiocesan analog and
digital information in accordance with Archdiocesan Policy and Procedures. The
Records Analyst will be responsible for the following:
* Implement and manage HP TRIM, the Archdiocesan Electronic Records Management (ERM) Tool
* Provide training and support to Archdiocesan personnel in regard to electronic recordkeeping practices and use of HP TRIM
* Conduct office and agency records surveys to identify all records created by employees, determine existing filing systems, and recommend alternative plans.
* Analyze recordkeeping practices and offer recommendations to offices and agencies in accordance with Archdiocesan Records Policies
* Develop records retention schedules where needed and update existing schedules consistent with the Archdiocesan Records Policy
* Retrieve inactive records and archival materials from offices, agencies, and closed parishes or schools, and transfer them to the records storage facility or the Archives
* Assist with the management and development of all electronic records projects of the Archdiocese of Atlanta, including document scanning and workflows
* Utilize access tools, such as finding aids, the ERM software system, microfilm, and published materials to answer reference requests and provide research assistance
* Advise and inform the Director of Archives and Records on all electronic records issues of the Archdiocese of Atlanta
* Provide support to the Office of Archives and Records as requested by the Director
Qualifications: A candidate must possess a Master's degree (MLIS, MSI, MARA,
etc.) with a specialization in Archives and Records Management. Two years of
experience in a Records Management position is required. Strongly preferred
qualifications include experience working with HP TRIM; a Bachelor's degree in
Computer Science (or related field); Certified Records Manager (CRM)
certification or willingness to pursue CRM. An understanding of database
management, authority control, and metadata are necessary. Working proficiency
Microsoft Office products is required. Must be able to reach objects in high
places and lift boxes weighing up to 45 pounds.
To apply, mail, fax, or email cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Manager
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Atlanta
2401 Lake Park Drive S.E.
Smyrna, Georgia 30080-8862
Source: Thanks to Angelique R. for the heads up!
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6718/