LAC Group is seeking a Project Director for a potential long-term contract with a prestigious federal agency located in Washington, D.C. We are recruiting for several subject matter experts to run a critical information center for this agency. These positions are contingent upon award. The expected start date will be in summer 2013.
* Current certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is mandatory.
* Master's degree in information science, information management, library sciences or in a related area
* At least 10 years of experience in project management of digital repositories or collections, experience to include response to inquiries, content management, and management of database resources incorporating search engines.
* Experience in evaluating and improving the effectiveness of information management operations.
* At least five years of experience with the development of controlled vocabularies and metadata.
* At least five years of experience managing web-based resources, including social media resources, to include knowledge of federal information policies and standards such as 508 compliance.
* Excellent planning, organization, communications, and team-building skills needed.
* Experience utilizing and providing content for the federal Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) preferred.
Apply at: http://goo.gl/kyVVS
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LAC_Jobs
PLEASE provide your salary requirements or salary range within your on-line applicant profile or as part of your cover letter.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.