- Direct information technology strategic planning, budgeting, and goal-setting initiatives to enhance the Libraries effectiveness as an innovative learning and discovery center consistent with the teaching, technological, and scholarly demands of a dynamic research institution.
- Lead the Libraries information technology staff (Digitization, Systems, Technology, Web Operations; 2 Faculty and 6 Staff members) in a customer-centered approach to serving the digital information needs of the University.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate technology infrastructures and services that support discoverability and usability, integration with learning technologies, and enhanced information applications.
- Support the technological needs of the Libraries by administering the implementation and assessment of technology management, programs and services, including data handling and reporting.
- Collaborate with other university constituencies to support the teaching, scholarship, and service goals of the institution.
- Demonstrate an intellectual curiosity and ability to engage with new education technologies, be involved in other aspects of university life, including serving on committees, conducting research, and engaging in scholarly communications.
Minimum Qualifications - M.L.S. or equivalent from an ALA
accredited program with additional formal education in computer science or
- Minimum of six (6) years of increasing administrative responsibility in an academic library, demonstrating leadership and supervisory skills, strategic planning, services assessment and budgetary responsibilities.
- Experience and proficiency administering information technologies, automated library systems, and data management.
- Record of accomplishment in applying emerging information technologies to library operations.
- Strong conceptual understanding of cloud computing, database management, and knowledgebases.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, articulate, and implement a vision for the future of library resources and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to facilitate technical communication among a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work collegially with internal and external campus constituents.
- Strong commitment to diversity and the ability to interact effectively with diverse cultural and ethnic groups.
- Strong commitment to collaboration, a respectful work environment, participatory management, teamwork, and customer relations.
- Record of professional recognition that warrants rank of tenured associate professor.
Desired Qualifications - Working experience with MARC and
knowledge of new standards and data models such as RDA, FRBR, and Linked Data.
- Experience with server management, networking, programming and applications such as Oracle, Microsoft Access, SQL, UNIX, and API's.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or similar information technology field.
- Development and grant - writing experience.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/7163/