The Frye Art Museum seeks an innovative and highly motivated Digital Media
Manager with demonstrated skills and experience in developing creative
technologies across multiple platforms to enable the Museum to reach and serve
diverse audiences in compelling and strategic ways.
As Digital Media Manager, you will be responsible for planning and executing a
wide range of communications including designing and adding functionality to
websites and microsites; maintaining, enhancing, and extending the reach of
the Museum's web presence; providing access to, and maintaining, online
Collections and Archive information; executing consumer engagement strategies
on a variety of platforms; producing electronic and multimedia communications
for diverse communities and audiences; and supporting electronic marketing and
ecommerce activities. You will lead in strategizing mobile sites, apps, and
in-gallery interfaces and recommend technologies for implementing these and
other visitor experiences.
You will have key ownership of the Museum's Altru software and constituent
databases, used for CRM and other purposes to serve the needs of departments
across the Museum. You will administer Altru to ensure the accuracy of records
and supervise database input and output for preparation of mailing lists,
reports, and other purposes, maximizing information and knowledge management
for both internal and external stakeholders.
This position is a key member of the Communications team and is responsible
for the digital experiences of the Museum's visitors and partners. In this
position, you will encourage active community participation and generation of
user-created-content; leverage digital communications opportunities; and
provide insight for improving programs.
* Collaborate with Frye Art Museum colleagues in all departments to support delivery against the mission of the Museum.
Online and digital media
* Conceive, design, produce, and implement the Museum's portfolio of web and digital platforms.
* Conceptualize new web/digital initiatives, make strategic recommendations, and develop appropriate plans, specifications, budgets, and metrics for success.
* Manage, maintain, develop, and update all aspects of the Museum's web presence and online initiatives by designing websites and producing videos and newsletters using HTML/HTML5, CSS, and the ExpressionEngine content management system.
* Ensure a consistent look and feel to all web content and style and edit image content using Adobe Creative Suite. Facilitate the publishing of content, including images, video, audio, calendars, and announcements, to the site.
* Manage continuous improvement of the site to meet the evolving needs of the Museum. Identify enhancements, plan future improvements to user experience and/or internal CMS workflow, and manage major web development projects with outside vendors.
* Manage infrastructure of blogs and exhibition-specific microsites, coordinating style and content.
* Work with web-based multimedia formats, including streaming audio/video, mpeg, Quicktime, Windows Media, Flash video. Create audio/video productions of museum events, lectures, or programs as needed.
* Supervise the integration of events ticketing and registration processes, including updating and editing online ticketing and donations pages, ensuring accurate communication between the online pages and Altru database.
* Trouble-shoot content, links, navigation, and e-commerce pages to ensure reliability of site for visitors and make corrections as required.
* Conduct audience research and evaluate the effectiveness of web and digital media efforts through web analytics user surveys, usability studies, usage metrics, and other research tools.
* Design HTML email marketing campaigns to be distributed to email lists, outside lists, and partner organizations.
* Use analytics to track open and click-through rates to evaluate the effectiveness of e-marketing campaigns, and ensure accuracy of records for email and opt-out lists.
* Oversee maintenance of all database profiles including members, donors, media/pr, ticket purchasers, education, curatorial, and nonmember mailing lists by checking code, data fields, and reporting functions.
* Maintain all regularly used lists and provide essential information to leadership and staff to strategically and effectively utilize database.
* Provide support to Museum leadership in creating digital presentations incorporating data and images and by editing film and video clips.
* Record and maintain a video archive of Frye events, lectures, and exhibition tours, and provide recordings to volunteers and members upon request.
Other duties as assigned.
* 4-year College degree.
* 5+ years of website management and database administration.
* Familiarity with relational database management systems and SQL preferred.
* Must be detail oriented, organized and able to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* High level of proficiency in collaborating as a member of a team and across teams.
* Excellent customer service skills, both written and verbal.
* Conform to the code of ethics governing the museum profession.
* Represent the Museum with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
* Adhere to Museum policies and supports management decisions and goals in a positive and professional manner.
* Pass background check.
Salary and Benefits
Salary DOE. Full time exempt position with excellent benefits package.
How to Apply
Candidates should send cover letter and resume with "Digital Media Manager" in
the subject line to [log in to unmask] No phone calls please.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/7480/