This position is located in the Smithsonian Institution's Freer Gallery of Art
and the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (FSG), Network Services
Division. The incumbent serves as the head of Digital
Access and Outreach with responsibility for long-range planning, direction and
implementation of the museum's' digital strategy. The
incumbent reports to the Director of the FSG.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in
"Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
* Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
* May need to complete a Probationary Period
* Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
* Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
* Oversees operations of the Digital Access and Outreach offices implementing technology strategy and leading digital initiatives.
* Advises leadership about new web technologies, new media products, and new ways to build and extend the Freer/Sackler brand into the virtual environment.
* Develops and leverages a wide network of external contacts and partnerships to advise and assist the museums.
* Advises on the technical architecture, standards, and tools required to manage the digital assets of the museums.
* Supervises a staff of eleven or more.
* Responsible for the budget: determines program resources needed to achieve museum priorities.
Experience: One year of full-time experience at or equivalent
to the Grade-13 level that is close or similar to the work
of this job. The experience includes providing direction, implementation, and
management of a museum's digital strategy to include information technology
(technological resources and infrastructure), web (including mobile sites),
social media, apps, multimedia (video, augmented reality, etc.) and
educational technology for use in the galleries and online.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered
to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to
note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Note: Your qualifying experience must also demonstrate each
of the following as it relates to the position:
* Attention to detail
* Customer service
* Oral communication
* Problem solving
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume will be used to evaluate your experience, education, and/or
training that address the competencies below:
* Knowledge of digital access and outreach within a museum.
* Skill as a conceptual strategic planner.
* Skills in oral communication and collaboration.
* Skill in conducting cost/benefit analysis and assessing emerging technologies.
* Skill in supervising/managing a staff.
* Ability to manage and prioritize a portfolio of projects.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/7132/