The Assistant / Associate Dean for Strategic Technology Initiatives provides
vision and leadership to effectively integrate technology into the operations
of Milner Library and leads its efforts to develop and implement services-
based strategies that utilize technology. The incumbent will collaborate with
university technology leadership and the university community to shape and
implement information technology initiatives according to the needs of
Educating Illinois. . This position develops and implements processes aligned
with the university's strategic plan and student and faculty needs. The
incumbent provides direction for and coordinates services of Milner Library's
Library Information Technology, Digital Collections and Digital and Data
Services departments and units, and coordinates planning of services with
Library departments and units. The incumbent ensures that Milner Library's
technological goals and activities align with those of the University through
effective communication with internal and external
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience
- Experience developing and implementing library service-oriented technologies
- Master's degree from an ALA accredited graduate program and an additional advanced degree at time of hire
- Experience supervising professional personnel.
Note: The successful candidate will have academic credentials commensurate
with appointment with faculty rank as an Associate Professor, and the
incumbent will be expected to work toward tenure as described in Library and
- Three years in a leadership capacity
- Experience working in higher education library technology environment
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting, planning, and project management
- Knowledge of technology issues and trends affecting libraries and academia
- Ability to build relationships with diverse constituents within the university community as well as consortia
- Ability to communicate, delegate, motivate, organize, and develop staff in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to produce clear written documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to speak persuasively and confidently to large and diverse audiences; and to listen to and respond to people's situations in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing and to interpret, clarify, explain and apply copyright law, regulations, policy and procedures.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- High ethical standards.
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees Masters degree
from ALA accredited graduate program with requirement for additional advanced
degree being met by start date of employment.
Hiring Rate/Range Starting at $80,000 annually commensurate
with qualifications and experience
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/7577/