Job Summary/Basic Function: The Systems/Web Services Librarian is responsible
for maintenance, management, support and training for the Ex Libris Voyager
integrated library system in a multi-campus and statewide consortial
environment. Runs Voyager maintenance and statistical reports on a regular
schedule. Administers and provides support for various library software
products in use by public services and library technical services staff.
Serves as webmaster for GPC libraries, and is responsible for leading efforts
toward a unified web presence in a college-wide environment. May assist with
e-resource functions as needed, and with special projects as assigned by the
Director of Library Technical Services. Serves on library and campus
committees and participates in appropriate professional development
Required Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of library systems
administration experience is required. Library experience in web design or web
content management is preferred. Academic library experience is preferred.
Prior experience administering Ex Libris Voyager is preferred. Prior
experience in a consortial environment, particularly GIL, is highly desirable.
Required Education: A minimum of a Master's degree in Library and Information
Science or Library Science (MLS/MLIS) from an ALA accredited college or
university is required. Computer science education and/or background are
* Demonstrated skills and knowledge of library systems management practices.
* Demonstrated skills and experience in web design and web content management.
* Excellent technology, organizational, communication, problem solving and time-management skills.
* Current awareness of emerging library technologies and national trends in library services.
* Demonstrated ability to work with patrons and staff with varying levels of expertise, and to make technology understandable and appealing to an academic audience.
* Ability to form and cultivate collaborative working relationships.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/7467/