This position supports Library programs and systems by maintaining existing applications and developing new in-house software applications, additions, changes and modifications to third party applications. The position reports to the Library IT Manager and works closely with colleagues in Web Content, Marketing and Library IT to deliver applications that enhance the experience for internal staff as well as patrons and other external users. Will gather requirements from stakeholders, create project implementation plans and schedules, and develop applications based on these schedules.
Other duties may include:
* Completes programming assignments, which may include process automation, enhancements, configurations or builds with limited oversight by a more experienced developer analyst; assists in ensuring high component availability while facilitating growth in usage and increased functionality by applying knowledge of multiple programming languages and techniques.
* Responds to end-user questions, inquiries, and ad-hoc requests to include report design; works directly with end-users in evaluating solutions, fulfilling requests, and resolving issues; recommends solutions to ensure system availability.
* Participates in system design reviews and communicates with technical and non-technical audiences.
* Creates, reviews, and maintains documentation related to system software use and support including procedures, processes, metadata.
* Collects, edits, and maintains data; ensures data is accurate, current, and complete through quality assurance procedures; develops new, and enhances existing, datasets through various techniques such as data mining, process automation, workflow modifications, and agency collaboration.
* Monitors and helps ensure system and subsystem availability and performance; analyzes and resolves problems; conducts tests and monitors activities; analyzes reports.
* Associate's degree in the following field(s) of study: Information Technology or related field and two years of experience in the Information Technology field are required.
* Experience can substitute for education. Education can substitute for experience.
Location: Central Resource Library
Date Opened: April 3, 2013
Date Closed: April 16, 2013
Position Grade: 16
Pay Rate: $23.30 - $33.66/hr
Schedule: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F, with occasional after hours and on-call work.
Contact: Please apply online at www.jocolibrary.org/jobs<http://www.jocolibrary.org/jobs>.
Web Content Manager
Johnson County Library
Office (913) 826 - 4526 | Mobile (913) 888-8567
[log in to unmask]