Position Title: Technical Architect
Department: Digital Media
Institution: The Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Technical Architect will serve as the technical administrator for MediaBin, the Museum's digital asset management system, and will be responsible for system architecture (including upgrades or migration to a new digital asset management system), task automation, application customization, troubleshooting, reporting, and other professional services.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
* Provide technical expertise for digital asset / enterprise content management systems based on a strong understanding of the client server environment, database design, digital workflows and web services.
* Design, specify, implement and monitor data migration/synchronization tasks between various Museum data repositories.
* Develop streamlined technical processes for ingestion, deployment and conversion of multimedia content for both internal and external uses.
* Review, analyze, and evaluate system and user needs.
* Assist in the development and deployment of solutions based on user requirements.
* Create reports for the Museum's content management systems (e.g., production workflows, digital rights management, asset dissemination).
* Evaluate, maintain and install systems upgrades and fixes.
* Coordinate changes with technical staff and end users, as required.
* Other related duties
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
* 3+ years experience in systems implementations, system design, functional and technical requirements gathering for digital asset management and digital workflow solutions
* Proficiency in SQL and related data services (Microsoft SQL Server, or equivalent)
* Experience in web application development (.NET, Java or equivalent)
* Demonstrated skill with IIS or equivalent web service infrastructure.
* Exposure to systems development methodology best practices
* Experience working with the variety of stakeholders (e.g., content creators, external requestors, system end-users)
* Strong analytical skills and effective problem solving
* Knowledge of digitization processes for content, including digital image capture and scanning, image, audio and video formats and codecs, file conversion and archiving, data
mining and harvesting, and metadata taxonomies.
Knowledge and Education:
* Bachelor's degree or relevant technical certification (preferred in a related field)
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to [log in to unmask] and include in the subject line the position title to which you are applying. If you have previously expressed interest in this position, please feel free to resend your application. Note that this is a technical position that requires demonstrated experience with application programming and database design. A technical skills test will be administered as part of the interview process.