[LYRASIS](http://www.lyrasis.org/), a non-profit membership organization
serving Libraries and Cultural Heritage Organizations (LCHOs), seeks an
experienced Data Migration Specialist.
The Data Migration Specialist will extract, transform, and load library data
into Evergreen ILS as well as repository systems. The Specialist will not only
help our members migrate to a new Evergreen ILS or Islandora-based repository,
but also help create and maintain the tools used for such migrations. The
ideal candidate will provide excellent technical support and customer service
to LYRASIS members and customers. He or she will be able to effectively deal
with stressful situations, work under pressure, meet inflexible deadlines and
deal with difficult individuals and/or circumstances while maintaining
composure. This individual must be able to work with project managers and
client stakeholders to understand and refine project functional requirements,
communicating complex issues effectively to internal staff, member staff, and
external vendors. This person must also be effective in interacting with
clients and gather requirements on various projects, working in a fast-paced
environment with time sensitive projects and possessing a great attitude.
* Library Operations
* Technical Services
* Library Systems Administration
* Library Data Formats (including ISO 2709)
* Operating and Managing an ILS
* Shell Prompt
* Effective Communication - both oral and written
* Metadata Standards: RDA, Dublin Core, EAD, DACS, MARCXML, MODS, METS, TEI, and other emerging data standards
* Customer Service
* MLS or Equivalent
* Perform analysis of legacy data, data models, and advise member libraries on the best way to migrate and manipulate their data to LYRASIS-hosted ILS or repositories.
* Creation and documentation of scripts to facilitate the extraction, transformation and loading of legacy data.
* Perform data extracts, data translation, and data cleanup as part of larger projects to implement a new ILS or repository.
* Perform special data change and data cleanup projects.
* Provide excellent technical support to LYRASIS members and customers.
**Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:**
* Familiarity with library operations and practices, particularly technical services and library systems administration.
* Experience with library data formats, including ISO 2709
* Knowledge of current metadata standards, including RDA, Dublin Core, EAD, DACS, MARCXML, MODS, METS, TEI, and other emerging data standards.
* Experience operating or managing an integrated library system is strongly preferred.
* Experience with Evergreen is preferred
* High comfort level with Linux, a shell prompt, scripting, SQL, PHP, XSL and programming.
* The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Strong customer service focus.
* Ability to work well in a team environment with minimum direction.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, including comprehensive
benefits. The Data Migration Specialist will work in the
Atlanta office if in the Atlanta, GA, area; telecommuting is an option for
candidates outside of Atlanta.
To apply, please provide cover letter and resume, referencing job opening, to
[[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask]
20Migration%20Specialist%20position) or fax to 404.892.7879.
LYRASIS partners with member libraries and cultural heritage organizations to
create, access and manage information with an emphasis on digital content,
while building and sustaining collaboration, enhancing operations and
technology, and increasing buying power. For more information, please visit
_LYRASIS is an equal opportunity employer. LYRASIS reserves the right to alter
the position overview, with or without notice to the employee. This position
overview is not a contract of employment and does not alter the employment
relationship. Every position overview is subject to
modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities._
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/7375/