* Post Title: Systems and Storage Developer
* Post Status: Specific purpose contract up to August 31st, 2015
* Department/Faculty: High Performance & Research Computing, ISS
* Location: Lloyd Building, Main Campus, Trinity College Dublin
* Salary: Appointment to this post will be made on the Administrative
Officer 3/2 scale in line with current Government Pay Policy
* Closing Date: 12 Noon on 29th May 2013
High Performance & Research Computing (HPRC) seeks to appoint a Systems
and Storage Developer to join the team. This person will develop and
deploy advanced IT systems as part of the Digital Repository of Ireland
(DRI) HEA PRLTI funded project.
The appointee will be responsible for the design, deployment and
management of distributed storage infrastructure. S/he will have in
particular, the following specific duties:
Developing storage layer tools including:
* Replication, snapshots.
* Hierarchical storage management.
* Trusted high speed communications between storage sites.
* Data life cycle management, resilience and disaster recovery.
* Optimisation for different data formats and object sizes.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Computer
Science, Engineering or an other technical discipline. S/he will have
two years experience in Unix/Linux systems administration and one years
experience in a software development environment, would be an advantage.
Candidates must apply through e-recruitment at https://jobs.tcd.ie/.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8063/