Library System IT Technician
Mid-Wisconsin Federated Library System (MWFLS) seeks a full time qualified
candidate who is dynamic and forward thinking to help maintain the System's
automation and IT services.
MWFLS is a 27 member library system that is part of the 44 library SHARE
consortium that includes Lakeshores Library System. MWFLS serves Dodge,
Jefferson and Washington Counties. SHARE includes the three counties plus
Racine and Walworth Counties.
The ideal candidate will be flexible and self-motivated with superb
interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. The candidate will have
a strong desire to learn, and feel comfortable working independently as well
as part of a team.
• Implement and maintain System IT services, library staff training, Internet
services, e-mail, listservs, System website, and LAN.
• Collaborate with the SHARE technology team.
• Serve as help desk support to the 44 SHARE member libraries.
• Maintain the WAN in collaboration with the technology team.
• Write and administer grants.
• Recommends and researches products and services as requested by System
members and Director.
• Work on SHARE projects as part of the technology team.
• Bachelor, Associate's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information
systems, or a related field. Library integrated library system (ILS)
experience and/or equivalent is desirable. An ALA accredited Master's degree
in Library and/or Information Science will be a plus.
• One to two years of post-degree experience or equivalent.
• Previous experience working with an ILS including troubleshooting computer
hardware and software system conflicts and ability to integrate system
• Exemplary communication skills; verbal and written, and a strong desire to
• Knowledge of SirsiDynix Symphony administration. SirsiDynix API training is
• Knowledge of Linux System administration, Red Hat Enterprise Linux is a
• Knowledge of Windows Server administration.
• Knowledge of Cisco network routing. CCNA is a plus.
• Knowledge of web technologies, including HTML, CSS, PHP and XML.
• Knowledge of relational database systems, including MS SQL, MySQL,
PostgreSQL, and Oracle.
• Knowledge of scripting languages, including Bash and Perl.
Salary, Benefits and Hours
Salary is $55,000 per year with an excellent benefit package. This is a 40
hour work week. Some evening and weekend work may be required for off hour
Electronically submit your resume, cover letter and names and contact
information for three professional references to Sue Cantrell,
[log in to unmask] no later than May 31, 2013. A full job description is
available at www.mwfls.org.
Mid-Wisconsin Federated Library System
[log in to unmask]
Equal Opportunity Employer
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8017/