WORKING TITLE: Emerging Technology and Systems Librarian
UW SYSTEM OFFICIAL TITLE: Academic Librarian
POSTING DATE: May 16, 2013
POSITION NUMBER: A165
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Emerging Technology and Systems Librarian reports to the Library Director
and provides leadership in building staff awareness of new and emerging
technologies to improve library services and workflow. This
position provides oversight and planning for library systems, including the
integrated library system (ILS) and resource discovery
tool. This position also leads the development and
management of the Cofrin Library website.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
* Keep current on new and emerging technologies.
* Serve as Lead Administrator for the Ex Libris Voyager integrated library system, Ex Libris Primo resources discovery tool, and other library systems.
* Act as the initial support for all library systems, software, and hardware problems.
* Act as the liaison to CIT for software and hardware problems and as backup lab manager.
* Supervise and mentor the Electronic Resources Librarian.
* Act as initial technology resource person for library staff and assist with special technology projects including digitization.
* Assist staff in running reports from Voyager and Primo.
* Train permanent and student staff as needed on library software.
* Participate in the establishment of short- and long-range library information technology goals, objectives, and priorities.
* Serve as the UW-Green Bay representative on the UW System Library Automation Managers Committee.
* Assess the impact of technology-based services on library users.
* Act as library liaison with system vendors.
* Participate in library-wide policy making and strategic planning.
* Monitor and manage the Library's system budget.
* ALA accredited Masters of Library Science degree or equivalent at time of application
* Three years progressively responsible experience in managing library systems
* Experience managing an integrated library system
* Supervisory experience
* Proficiency with one or more programming or scripting language and coding HTML/CSS
* Budgetary experience
* Working knowledge of database technologies used to store, manipulate, and query structured data
* Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Adaptability, creativity, and an aptitude to learn new technological tools and techniques
* Familiarity with MARC cataloging format
* Proficiency with standard desktop software and hardware
* Experience with assessing the use of technologies, including library digitization technologies
* Awareness of current issues and trends in information technology
* Familiarity with standard practices in web development
Campus and Community: http://www.uwgb.edu/hr/community/
Office of Public Safety: http://www.uwgb.edu/publicsafety/
Annual Security Report:
Position is a full-time academic staff appointment.
Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of
finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the
finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the
University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an AA/EEO employer committed to
achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes
and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Please submit application materials by Friday, June 7, 2013.
Salary Range of $47,381-$52,000; the UW System provides an excellent benefits
package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
* Benefit Details: http://www.wisconsin.edu/hr/benefits/uben.pdf
* Total Compensation Estimator: http://www.wisconsin.edu/hr/benefits/compest/
Click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account
and login before you can
apply. If you have
not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the
registration process. If you are already a registered user,
input your "User Name" and "Password' and select "Login."
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required
documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be
able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be
considered. Please include the following documents:
* Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions
* Names and contact information for three references
* Unofficial transcripts of all graduate work
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application
with missing materials, call or email:
Email: [log in to unmask]
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8039/