The Databrary project seeks a motivated and flexible UI/UX
designer to help create a web-based data library. You will work with users and
developers to design the face and UX of a site to enable behavioral
researchers to collaborate, store, explore, and access research datasets.
* Build clean, modular, and polished template designs using HTML, CSS, and SVG.
* Create, test, and validate interface (UX and UI) designs using visual mockups and other rapid prototyping techniques.
* Work flexibly with software developers and behavioral researchers to build and improve intuitive, professional interfaces.
* Learn and understand structure of research data and its presentational needs.
* Background in visual communication, graphic design, or other relevant field
* Proficiency with vector graphics design and image editing tools such as Illustrator, Inkscape, etc.
* Understanding of layout, typography, color and other design principles
* Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 with an ability to implement designs using these technologies
* Familiarity with UNIX development tools such as git
* Experience interfacing with web frameworks such as Rails, Django, or PHP
* Comfortable with Agile software development methodologies
Send the following
to[[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask]):
* One page cover letter (PDF)
* Academic transcript of your formal qualifications (PDF)
* Links to your open source contributions or other samples of your work
* Resume (PDF)
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8117/