Apologies for the cross postings . . . . .
LAC Group seeks an innovative, user-oriented information professional with a background and/or interest in the physical sciences to join its team at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Library in the position of Outreach Librarian. This role will provide marketing and outreach services with a focus on developing information resources and products focusing on engineering and the physical sciences.
* Establish and maintain effective communication with various GSFC branches and departments to assess their needs and provide targeted services.
* Develop strong connections with Goddard community and seek opportunities for partnerships with Goddard scientists, engineers, project managers and librarian colleagues.
* Participate in the organization and planning of information services and the design and implementation of new services. Work collaboratively with other library colleagues to evaluate current services, recommend, design, and implement new digital services.
* Identify and assist in the implementation of new library technology initiatives related to the access and use of content in all public services.
* Develop information products and contribute to website content.
* Develop outreach and marketing tools using various venues including social networking.
* Develop and present end-user instruction and training. Support the management of the collection including reducing the physical collection and building the electronic collection, and assist in the evaluation of project collections to be housed by the library.
* Participate as a member of appropriate Goddard Library committees and teams.
* Other duties as assigned.
* MLS degree from an ALA-accredited program.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently
* U.S. citizenship required
* Familiar with social networking tools in a Library environment
* Desired Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in the sciences (physical, Earth, biological) is desired, but not required.
* Minimum of one year professional experience in an academic or research library providing reference, instruction, collection development, and outreach.
To apply: http://goo.gl/xw93v
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.