Applications are invited for the following full-time temporary post:
Digitisation and Open Access Services Archivist (1-year contract from 1
The Digitisation and Open Access Services Archivist will report to the Head of
Customer Focus and Research Services. S/he will work as part of the Library
staff team and deliver and manage the daily operation of the Library's
digitisation and open access publishing services.
The successful candidate should have:
* a degree plus a professional archival qualification accredited or recognised by the Archives and Records Association.
* relevant experience at professional level in a similar role, preferably in an academic/research information environment
* excellent IT skills, preferably including work with databases and interfaces
* experience of managing staff and projects
* proven ability to work well as part of a team
* excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
Assistant Librarian Grade 2: €35,861.0 x 7 = €44,373 p.a.
Assistant Librarian Grade 1: €42,477 x 5 = €50,860 p.a.
(This appointment will be made on the above scale in line with current
Government pay policy)
(For pre 1995 public sector entrants in Ireland, the D class Salary rates will
Closing date for receipt of applications is midnight (GMT) on Thursday, 6th
June 2013. It will not be possible to consider applications
received after the closing date.
Please note that appointment to posts advertised will be dependent upon
University approval, together with the terms of the Employment Control
Framework for the higher education sector.
National University of Ireland Galway is an equal opportunities employe
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8182/