Youth Services Librarian:
The Catskill Public Library is currently seeking qualified applicants for a
Youth Services Librarian. The applicant should be creative, energetic, and
tech-savvy with an unflinching positive attitude. This librarian is
responsible for planning and developing a variety of youth services public
programs; collection development; reference; and reader's advisory service for
kids and teens.
Applicants should enjoy going out into the community to promote the library
and our programs. Must have experience with new technologies and social media.
You should be willing to conduct library orientation tours and programs for
community groups and agencies as well as be a team player. The ideal candidate
is someone who has lots of energy, imagination, and curiosity. This is an
opportunity to use your knowledge and expertise to bring new experiences to
the library and our community.
• Preferred candidates will possess a master's degree in Library Science from
an ALA-accredited program.
• Recent graduates or those about to graduate, welcome to apply.
• Initiating and maintaining strong community partnerships; especially within
the school district.
• Planning, implementing and promoting programs, events, activities and tours.
• Implementing and supervising a Volunteer program.
• Overseeing material selection and expenditures.
• Ability to self-manage, plan and organize work to complete within set
• While this position is under the direct supervision of the Library Director,
this position does require some supervision over library staff.
This is a full-time, civil service position. Candidate must pass eligibility
requirements for Civil Service within one year of offer. Salary commensurate
with experience and eligibility; serious enquiries only please. Schedule
includes weekend and evening hours.
Salary: $31,000/yr. plus medical and vacation.
Please email a cover letter and resume with three professional references to
[log in to unmask] or
Samuel Alvarez, Librarian
Catskill Public Library
1 Franklin Street
Catskill, NY 12414
Application Deadline: June 14, 2013
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8160/