Electronic Arts Intermix (EAI), a leading nonprofit resource for video and
digital media art in New York, is seeking a motivated and organized intern
with a background in media collections to work in our Chelsea office two days
a week for the Summer semester. Founded in 1971, EAI holds
one of the world's largest and most important collections of single-channel
video and media works by artists, spanning the 1960s to the
present. This is a great opportunity for a someone
interested in media preservation, archives/library science, or collection
management to gain experience working with a moving image collection.
We are seeking an intern with an interest in digital collections to assist in
the planning stages of a project that will create an online streaming
distribution model of video content for educational purposes. Tasks may
include assisting in the development of collection specific standardized
keywords, grant writing, creating technical specifications, researching
vendors, and interface design.
While this is an unpaid internship, we will work with current students and
their academic institutions to provide the necessary information to grant
academic credit for this internship.
Other projects may include:
• General collection maintenance, including inventory of the tape library and
processing new acquisitions
• Assisting in the ongoing maintenance of a custom built content management
system including reconciling duplicate records and updating title records
• Assisting in the planning and implementing the digitization of special
• Assisting the Collection Manager in other archive and preservation projects
• Comfortable in a Macintosh environment and proficient in Microsoft Office
applications, including Excel
• Experience with using scanners and Adobe Photoshop.
Familiarity with digital preservation standards is a plus
• Strong written communication
• Must be detail oriented, organized and able to work independently as well as
• Interest and knowledge of video art preferred. Knowledge
of video formats is a plus.
• Experience with databases, content management systems, or digital asset
management systems is a plus
• Experience with web design, HTML, and user interface design is a plus
• Completed or enrolled in a related graduate program is a plus
• 2 days a week from May/June - August
• unpaid; EAI will assist with obtaining academic credit
Please email resume with a brief cover letter to: Desiree Leary,
Applications will be accepted until by May 24, 2013. Only qualified candidates
will be contacted. No calls please.
Electronic Arts Intermix is an Equal-Opportunity Employer.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/7954/