The Databrary project seeks a motivated and flexible
developer to help build a web-based data library. You will work with users and
other developers to design and build the front end UI and tools to enable
behavioral researchers to collaborate, store, explore, and access research
* Implement dynamic and modular web application to present and manipulate research materials.
* Create, test, and validate interface (UX and UI) designs using rapid visual prototyping techniques.
* Directly work with researchers (users) to identify and prioritize new features.
* Learn, understand, and reorganize research data as needed for better integration with the site.
* Background in CS or other relevant field and 3+ years programming experience
* Knowledge of modern MVC web development frameworks (Django, Rails, Lift, etc.)
* Experience with Ajax and working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
* Familiarity with standard UNIX development tools such as git
* Understanding of security and ethical concerns around sensitive data
* History of contributions to open source projects
* Experience creating RESTful interfaces for structured data
* Knowledge of SQL or other database technologies
* Basic understanding of scientific practices and research tools, such as Matlab, SPSS, or R
* Comfortable with Agile software development methodologies
### **TO APPLY**
Send the following
to[[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask]):
* One page cover letter (PDF)
* Academic transcript of your formal qualifications (PDF)
* Links to your open source contributions or other samples of your work
* Resume (PDF)
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8118/