Polk Library is seeking an energetic and innovative librarian to coordinate
and manage our growing online collections. Under the direction of the Head of
Collections and Technical Services, principal responsibilities include
providing leadership in the management, purchase, licensing and assessment of
electronic resources and managing the knowledgebase for a link resolver and
other discovery tools. Recent graduates are encouraged to
* Provide leadership in coordinating and managing electronic resources, including e-journals, databases and e-books.
* Work with others to provide creative and improved access to information for the University community
* Manage the evaluation, purchase, licensing and assessment of electronic resources
* Manage the workflow of ordering, maintaining access and renewing electronic resources
* Insure access to electronic resources through the management of a link resolver and a federated search tool, working with the knowledgebase and other resource discovery tools
* Report statistics and analyze data on electronic resources
* Work with others on library catalog database maintenance
* Participate with the Head of Collections and Technical Services and other technical services staff to plan, coordinate, and implement activities and projects in the department
* Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
* Continue professional growth and service through one or more of the following: publication, professional association activities, continuing education, or other relevant activities.
Master's degree from an ALA accredited program. Experience
or course work in technical services functions or the management of electronic
resources. An interest and aptitude in the library
technical services areas. High level proficiency with
computer applications. Excellent communication and
interpersonal skills. Commitment to high quality library
service. Ability to work independently
and as part of a team. Flexibility and ability to accept change. Familiarity
with MARC records.
Academic library work experience. Knowledge of acquisitions
operations related to electronic resources. Experience with
link resolvers and federated searching.
Familiarity with established and emerging metadata standards. Experience with
cataloging or catalog database maintenance. Experience with name / subject
September 3, 2013, or before.
Terms of Appointment
Year round, Full time Renewable, Academic Staff Appointment
Begin reviewing applications July 1, 2013 and continue until position is
How to Apply
Send letter of application that addresses all of the position requirements,
resume and names of three professional references with contact information
(name, title, phone, e-mail) electronically to: [log in to unmask]; or
by mail to Mary Schneider, Polk Library, UW Oshkosh, 801 Elmwood Ave.,
Oshkosh, WI 54901. Phone: 920-424-2059.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8277/