The Digital Research Services for the Humanities position manages a portfolio
of digital scholarship services for this discipline. (1)
Digital services. Consult and partner with faculty and
student researchers to support their research data life cycles by providing
expertise in the digital project development and management (including tools,
software, and repository). (2) Client
Engagement. Market to, educate and engage faculty and
students about e-scholarship and forge new collaborations and relationships
that extend the Libraries' capacity to support the University's
interdisciplinary initiatives in the humanities. (3)
Collection Management. Participate in collection management, including the
coordination, evaluation, and selection of print and electronic
resources. (4) Research Support. Provide
consultation and guidance for faculty and student to discover and manage print
and electronic information resources effectively.
* An advanced degree in a humanities discipline (Master's degree required, doctoral degree preferred) (with preference for art/art history or modern languages). An additional ALA-accredited MLS preferred.
* Professional-level work experience in an academic library or equivalent research setting.
* Demonstrable understanding of the research processes employed in a range of disciplines with particular focus on the research data lifecycle.
* Demonstrated expertise employing digital tools for e-research, including big data management and curation, text mining, research practices relating to data, preservation, and retrieval.
* Demonstrated ability to lead change.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8749/