Create unique digital experiences for a leading medical journal!
Join a leadership voice in healthcare consistently recognized as a Best Place
to Work. The Massachusetts Medical Society educates and
advocates for physicians and patients. Our premiere
publication, theNew England Journal of Medicine,informs and educates
physicians around the world on cutting-edge research and advances in
Partnering with technology staff and internal clients, you will use your broad
development experience and expertise to lead projects, mentor developers, and
contribute to the full project lifecycle delivery
process. As a senior team member, you
will participate in the selection, development and integration of technologies
that support the innovative delivery of information to physicians and
researchers. You will also develop and test code, and
provide technical advice and leadership to ensure the success of development
* A Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* In depth technical experience in application development and support, and infrastructure related projects
* 5 or more years experience with Java and Java frameworks (Spring Hibernate, etc.) and with ASP.net (C#), Service Oriented Architecture and distributed application design.
* Experience with REST and/or SOAP based web services.
* A solid understanding of unit testing and unit testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, etc.)
* Experience with mobile development is a big plus.
* Strong communication, interpersonal, leadership, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
* An interest in learning and embracing new technologies, products and applications
* Flexibility to adapt to changing tasks/priorities to support business needs
* Publishing experience is preferred
* An understanding of design patterns, and experience with Agile and Waterfall development approaches are preferred
Our staff offers an impressive range of experience and expertise, and shares
an ongoing commitment to enhancing the quality of medical
care. We offer a competitive salary and
an exceptional benefits program including comprehensive insurance programs, a
company matched 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, generous paid time off, an
on-site fitness room and a backup day care center. . Visit our website at
information about our organization and the work we do.
The Massachusetts Medical Society is an Affirmative Action equal opportunity
employer that values diversity in the workplace.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8258/