The Natural History Museum is one of the world's leading museums,
internationally recognised for its dual role as a centre of excellence in
scientific research and as a leader in the presentation of natural history
through exhibitions, public programmes, publications and the web.
The Natural History Museum are looking to recruit an Application Support
Programmer to join the team in a role responsible for delivery of key
information services and data processes/workflow to meet the business needs.
These services include:
* Line of business applications (e.g. Finance, CRM, HR, Intranet)
* Web infrastructure services and application (e.g. apache, tomcat, IIS, drupal, solr, caching/proxying, load balancing)
* Collections services (Ke-Emu, DAMS)
* Scientific projects development (e.g. Biodiversity Heritage Library; Synthesys; OpenUp) and scientific data integration
* Infrastructure applications (system monitoring, service desk database/workflow)
* Associated data/system integration and reporting
* Support/integration of cloud and external services (e.g. social feeds, library data discovery services)
The post holder will work within the ICT Systems team, closely aligned with
the Museum's business units and Science staff, to enable ICT to flexibly
respond to increased demand for information management and to meet needs of
projects both within ICT and across the Museum. Working with stakeholders
across the Museum, you will be involved in creating and supporting data
exchange, integration and reporting as well as troubleshooting issues when
they arise, working with the other members of the ICT systems team to
The successful candidate is expected to be able to lead data/information
service related projects, and advise on information/service strategy to the
ICT management team.
The team is responsible for planning, installing, administering and supporting
the Museum's information services, web services and related business
applications. Liaising with 3rd party suppliers, carry out planned and routine
maintenance to services according to pre-defined schedules, and monitor system
performance as needed to maintain and develop these services.
Specific skills include business/functional requirements analysis, bespoke
developments/scripting to support data integration (java, php, python, as
potential examples in the environment), an understanding of XML manipulation
and transformation, an understanding of database analysis.
Full description at [NHM jobs](http://www.nhm.ac.uk/about-us/jobs-
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8270/