* apologies for cross-postings *
Call for Participation
17th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries Valetta, Malta, September 22-26, 2013 (TPDL 2013, http://www.tpdl2013.info)
The International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries constitutes a leading European scientific forum on digital libraries that brings together researchers, developers, content providers and users in the field of digital libraries. The 17th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries (TPDL 2013) is organized by the University of Malta and it will be held in Grant Hotel Excelsior, Valetta, Malta on September 22-26, 2013.
* REGISTRATION *
Registration is now open through
www.easyconferences.org/tpdl2013/register<http://www.easyconferences.org/tpdl2013/register<http://www.easyconferences.org/tpdl2013/register%3chttp:/www.easyconferences.org/tpdl2013/register>>. All interested may not only register for the conference, but they can also book their accommodation, social events, etc. All additional services are offered at specially conference negotiated rates.
- End of Early Registration: June 30, 2013
* SCHEDULE *
You can find the schedule of the conference at http://tpdl2013.upatras.gr/schedule.php
* KEYNOTE SPEAKERS *
- Christine L. Borgman, "Digital Scholarship and Digital Libraries:
Past, Present, and Future"
- Sören Auer, "What can Linked Data do for Digital Libraries?"
* PANELS *
- eInfrastructures: What Future? Chaired by Wim Jansen, DG Connect, EC
- COST Actions and Digital Libraries: between Sustaining Best Practices and Unleashing Further Potential. Chaired by Matthew Driscoll, University of Copenhagen
* WORKSHOPS *
The following workshops are organized in conjunction to TPDL2013:
- Practical Experiences with CIDOC CRM and its Extensions (CRMEX)
- Moving beyond technology: iSchools and education in data curation. Is Data Curator a new role?
- The 2nd International Workshop on Supporting Users Exploration of Digital Libraries
- The 3rd International Workshop on Semantic Digital Archives (SDA
- Networked Knowledge Organisation Systems and Services - 12th European Networked Knowledge Organisation Systems Workshop (NKOS 2013)
- Linking and Contextualizing Publications and Datasets: Paving the way towards Modern Scholarly Communication (LCPD 2013)
Detailed descriptions can be found at
All Workshops will be held on 26/09.
* TUTORIALS *
- AM1: Linked Data for Digital Libraries by Uldis Bojars, Jodi Schneider and Nuno Lopes
- AM2: From Preserving Data to Preserving Research: Curation of Process and Context by Andreas Rauber, Rudolf Mayer, Stefan Pröll, Raul Palma, Daniel Garijo
- AM3: State-of-the-art Tools for Text Digitisation by Bob Boelhouwer, Sebastian Kirch and Adam Dudczak
- PM1: Mapping cross-domain metadata to the Europeana Data Model (EDM) by Valentine Charles, Antoine Isaac, Vassilis Tzouvaras and Steffen Hennicke
- PM2: The Role of XSLT in digital libraries, editions, and cultural exhibits by Laura Mandell and Violeta Ilik
Detailed descriptions can be found at
All Tutorials will be on 22/09. The fee allows each participant to attend to two tutorials, one in the morning (AM) and one in the afternoon (PM).
* SATELLITE EVENTS *
- G-WiS: Global Collaboration of iSchools. The Global Workshop of iSchools will take place on Sunday, 22nd September as part of TPDL2013 in Valetta, Malta. The event will be held in parallel to the Doctoral Consortium of TPDL2013.
- Research infrastructures in the Humanities: Key Topics on Policies.
The Research infrastructures in the Humanities seminar will take place on Wednesday, 25th September as part of TPDL2013 in Valetta, Malta. The event will be held after the close of TPDL2103.
* OFFICIAL CARRIERS *
Lufthansa German Airlines and AirMalta offer significantly discounted fares to all TPDL2013 participants. The carriers program continues with the discounted fares from MaltaTransfer to all conference participants.
MaltaTransfer offers Shuttle Transfer Services from the International Malta Airport to your hotel. Please visit the conference website for more information.
* INFORMATION *
For more information, please contact with the Organizing Committee at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]:[log in to unmask]>> or visit the conference website http://www.tpdl2013.info.
Metadata Cataloging Librarian
Texas A&M University Library
5000 TAMU, Library Annex 77843
Phone Evans: 979.862.4661
Email: vilik at library.tamu.edu