Apologies for the cross-posting.
Digital Collections Librarian
Florida International University Libraries’ Digital Collection Center and Geographic Information Systems Center is looking for a Digital Collections Librarian to join our team of professionals in digital production, long-term preservation, curation of materials and data that focus on unique regional historical, cultural, and scientific content.
- Perform curation of both printed and digital-born material and data to be include in current and future digital collections of FIU
- Work with a library wide Research Data Curation team on implementation of a FIU data curation plan
- Foster and maintain partnerships with future and established digital content contributors.
- Work with the Assistant Director of the Digital Collection Center to generate and supervise project related digital workflow (e.g., copyright clearance, document scanning, metadata creation, preservation, etc.)
- Participate in grant writing and other funding opportunities relating to print and digital collections, production and preservation
- Collaborate with a library wide digital production team to migrate digital content from various library departments including Sound and Image, Special Collections, GIS, and DCC into the FIU unified digital platform — dPanther.
• ALA accredited Master of Library Science (MLS) degree, or a Master’s Degree in an appropriate area of specialization
• Demonstrated knowledge of digital production including digitization, metadata creation, and preservation
• Working knowledge of mainstream metadata schemas and systems
• Experiences with collection development and content curation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong sense of teamwork and ability to work across diverse departments and individual library and university stakeholders
• Demonstrated leadership quality and experiences in creating and supervising work flows and project implementation
• Two or more years of professional experience in related field
• Experiences in grant proposal writing and implementation
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to Job Opening ID 506252 at jobsearch.fiu.edu and attach cover letter, a resume, and the names and contact information of 3 professional references in a single pdf file. To receive full consideration, applications and required materials should be received by July 15, 2013. Review will continue until position is filled. All inquiries should be directed to Jamie Rogers, Chair of the Search and Screen Committee, at [log in to unmask]
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer.