Clemson University Libraries seeks a Library Web Developer to establish and
direct the strategic long term goals, policies and procedures, overseen by the
unit head, for the university libraries website. This
position will provide administrative and technical management of all facets of
the site, consisting of a comprehensive range of associated web
pages. The Web Developer will interact with a wide variety
of individuals to provide web development support for the site and work
closely with content creators to migrate and organize their content in a
meaningful way into the content management system.
Development and implementation of overall policies and procedures for web site
structure, format, usage, and accessibility will be
included. The Web Developer will also supervise web
Library Web Developer responsibilities include:
* Provides day to day oversight and management of web installations, including content creation and addition/removal, performing updates, server and database administration, managing controlled vocabularies for page content classes and types, and scheduling backups. Manages the migration of content from legacy web sites and systems into WordPress. Installs, tests, and implements WordPress plugins and themes.
* Performs short and long-term strategic planning with unit head. Develops and implements concepts, policies, and standards for top-level website within overall goals and parameters established by senior management. Designs consistent methodologies for development of internet resources.
* Performs web server administration tasks at a Unix/Linux shell command line, translates business needs/wants into web system designs, work with others to build integration interfaces between web applications and other university and library systems.
* Supervises ongoing evaluation of website software. Creates and maintains documentation on WordPress and related applications and programs. Trains unit content managers in use of WordPress. Meets regularly with unit content managers to communicate workflow updates.
* Develops web applications to streamline or improve online library services. Evaluates, recommends, and administers website programming.
* Trains, assigns work, and supervises staff/student employees engaged in related work. Monitors workflow and deadlines.
* Adheres to and complies with all university policies and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related area, and
experience. Related experience may be substituted for the
bachelor's degree on a year-by-year
basis. Experience in the following:
development with WordPress, especially in a multi-site environment;
cross-browser compatibility. Background in UNIX/Linux server administration.
Experience working in a team environment. Excellent communication
skills. Works very independently. Must
be proactive in seeking solutions and working with clients and constituents.
Preferred Qualifications in addition to the minimum qualifications:
Experience in development for the mobile web. Familiarity with XML and XSLT.
Experience with version control systems, especially Subversion; Web
development experience in a library environment; Previous supervisory
* Prepare a resume and cover letter outlining your knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Use an internet browser to access the Clemson University Human Resources website at http://www.clemson.edu/employment/prospective/findjobs.html
* Select the 'Internal Applicant Job Board' link (if current employee).
* Scroll through the available positions and locate position 'Library Web Developer' **Job ID #12588.**
* Click to open the application box, fill out the application completely and attach cover letter and resume documents.
* This open position will close on **Monday, July 22, 2013**.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8920/