Have you added the FORMSTATE token to the login forms? We've been running into some similar issues recently and I just dug up this in the documentation:
So it sounds like this was added in 8.1, but if you've modified the pages yourself you need to manually add this token into your page code.
I haven't made the change on our pages yet, but I plan to shortly and can report back.
Web Developer - UST Libraries
[log in to unmask]
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jon Gorman
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] ILLiad - RemoteAuth and OpenURL
I was wondering if anyone has seen an issue with the ILLiad RemoteAuth module and OpenURL where the remote user header doesn't seem to get recognized and a session doesn't created successfully.
Here's how the flow is going:
1) User clicks on an OpenURL somewhere
2) User hits our authentication system (CA SIteminder) login apge
3) they log in
4) The open url seems to get parsed
into fields and the proper form selected
5) The web request goes through, complains it doesn't see an http header set and no cookie set and displays the content of the Logon2.html page/logoff page
6) However, the actual address bar is set just fine. If you hit refresh (or return in the address bar in some browsers) it launches a new session just fine and auto-fills out the form.
This might be related to another issue we're seeing where on the initial login (to main menu) it never redirects to NewAuthRegistration.html or ChangeUserInformation.html. If it's a new user, they just get created w/ defaults. The page always shown is Main Menu. The documentation & support at OCLC indicate that the application is supposed to be smart enough that on initial login it'll always either go to the NewAuthRegistration.html or ChangeUserInformation.html as appropriate.
As a workaround currently we have a landing page that links to the Main Menu, NewAuthRegistration and ChangeUserInformation and advise users to register if they haven't or change their info if need be.
The OCLC forums seem on the fritz. Is there any other good places to go with ILLiad questions. (I've been talking to OCLC Support, thinking more in terms of community support)