[Georgetown University Law Library](http://www.law.georgetown.edu/library/) is
seeking applications for a Web Application Developer.
Located in the nation's capital and within walking distance of the U.S.
Congress and the Supreme Court, Georgetown University Law Center is known for
the quality of its scholarship, the teaching of its faculty, which is among
the largest in the nation, and for its talented and diverse student body. The
Law Library consists of the Edward Bennett Williams Law Library and the John
Wolff International and Comparative Law Library. We strive to live up to our
motto: "Supporting Scholarship, Excelling in Service, Leading in Technology."
* Coordinates application development within the law library's Electronic Resources & Services section, including support to create and manage web-based applications delivering library content and services.
* Trains library staff on use of authoring tools such as our Content Management System, SharePoint and library-specific use of office technology tools.
* Collaborates with the Law Center Information Systems Technology Department on server management, security practices, and related technical needs:
* Analysis of statistics and server logs;
* Security configurations for web-based library content;
* Authentication for electronic subscriptions, the Law Library's intranet, and other electronic resources; and
* Manages technology equipment made available for shared use and teaching support. This includes laptops, iPad tablets, and similar equipment, available for library staff use.
* Bachelor's degree and at least three years of experience working with computers and information technology, especially in the area of website development and maintenance.
* Knowledge of:
* Website markup languages such as HTML and XML, including knowledge of at least one programming language, such as PHP, ASP, or ColdFusion (with a preference for ColdFusion);
* Network and server hardware and software; and
* Authentication protocols.
* Familiarity with:
* Imaging technology;
* Major office productivity software and common computer hardware; and
* Library applications (preferred).
* Experience managing electronic systems and in change management, especially with respect to the introduction of new technologies and software upgrades.
To apply for this position, please submit applications via the [Georgetown
University Human Resources Joblist
by using Job Number 20131229.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/9226/