The Most Beautiful Things On Earth.
[1stdibs](http://www.1stdibs.com) is the world's largest online luxury
marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the
world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, vintage
furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures and Spark Capital 1stdibs is a
unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from
companies including Ebay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com and Twitter.
As a** Classification/Taxonomy Manager **at 1stdibs, you will lead taxonomy
development to classify the extensive product selection on our marketplace
platform. You will partner with industry experts and usability managers to
build a scalable and user-friendly classification system that will enable a
compelling shopping experience. Candidates must be data experts, creative
problem solvers, and passionate user advocates. You must also thrive in a
fast-paced, team-based, environment that believes in failing fast and
* Define taxonomy and meta data to classify an extensive online marketplace of rare, one-of-a-kind inventory and editorial content
* Lead and manage a team of analysts; partner regularly with the product and technology teams
* Build comprehensive and well-documented taxonomy processes that can be scalable to other teams and with the company's rapid growth
* Collaborate and manage relationships with vendors
* Define and manage quality assurance processes to ensure quality standards of our classification schema, constantly seeking to improve
* Implement methods to improve search relevance by normalizing search queries and build faceted navigation
* Measure user adoption and improve product taxonomy over time
* Collaborate with SEO & analytics team on metadata implementation & taxonomy improvements
**Desired Skills & Experience**
* Bachelors Degree required, with an emphasis in library or information science
* 3+ years of experience in a taxonomy, classification, or content management role
* 1+ years in a management/supervisory role
* Experience with indexing systems and search engines such as Solr
* Experience in eCommerce is a plus
* Comfortable in an agile environment of rapid iteration and experimentation, prototyping at various levels of fidelity.
* Working knowledge of metadata standards, schemas, and other types of structured data (for ecommerce, art, and design a plus)
* Dexterity with concept modeling tools or software such as MySQL workbench, omnigraffle, etc.
* Working knowledge of SQL databases and familiarity with programming languages such as php, SQL is a plus
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/9214/