The Research Data Curation Program (RDCP) within the UC San Diego Library
provides data curation services to a diverse population of campus users. The
program supports several data lifecycle management functions, including
metadata consulting, repository support, digital object identifier management,
digital preservation services and data deposit into the Library's Digital
Asset Management System. The RDCP also works closely with the campus Research
Cyberinfrastructure Program (RCI), which is providing support for various
digital programs across campus.
Under the direction of the Head, Research Data Curation Program, the incumbent
provides project oversight, formulates procedures and workflow, and supports a
variety of UCSD Research Data Curation Projects. Working with appropriate
project managers, the incumbent consults with librarians, faculty, researchers
and others on issues related to data curation design and implementation. In
consultation with the Libraries' IT Department, advises on websites / tools to
display, catalog, and ingest digital material.
* Experience with digital research data, including lifecycle management of research objects from creation through publication.
* Experience with a variety of research tools, including spreadsheets and databases, data catalogs and web-based resources.
* Experience collaborating with academics, researchers and staff engaged in research activities.
* Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate and interact with a diverse population; the ability to convey information and provide guidelines in a clear and professional manner.
* Excellent time management and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills. Ability to establish priorities, meet multiple and frequently changing deadlines with flexibility, process a high volume of work while under pressure, and maintain a high level of accuracy with close attention to detail.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8955/