This is an exciting opportunity to join the team developing digital management
and preservation capability at Archives.
This key role has responsibility for supporting business staff as they work
with public sector agencies preparing digital material for transfer to
Archives New Zealand, overseeing the efficient ingest of transferred items
into the archival management system, and helping define the requirements for
continuously improving digital processes and systems.
Key tasks include:
* Analysing business requirements for processes, metadata models and user functionality to support digital archive management
* Actively supporting/mentoring staff working with transferring agencies and describing digital objects
* Overseeing the mapping of metadata from agency systems into Archives NZ's data model and the ingest of digital objects into the digital preservation system.
* Liaison between technical, business and digital preservation staff to ensure processes and systems support the business well
* Training/advising staff on digital preservation implications for transfer, description, ingest and digitisation activities
* Contributing to best practice and standards for the on-going description, storage, preservation and management of digital objects
We need someone with:
* Knowledge and experience of recordkeeping systems administration at a technical level
* Strong working knowledge of recordkeeping practice
* Relationship management involving both business and technical staff
* Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
* Tertiary qualification in an information management discipline preferred
* It would be great if you also had some knowledge of file management systems, data management, metadata models, descriptive theory and practice or similar. A passion for preserving digital information and an awareness of issues related to this is important.
If this sounds like you we would love you to apply.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8986/