Position Summary: Reporting to the Digital Initiatives
Librarian, the Digital Projects Librarian will be responsible for the long-
term preservation of FAU's digital collections in the Florida Digital Archive.
The desired candidate will have an understanding of emergent and best
practices, standards, issues, and trends relating to digital initiatives in an
academic library environment. The primary responsibility of this candidate
will be the long-term preservation of existing FAU digital content files using
the Florida Digital Archives web ingest platform and FTP server to send
submission information packages. Experience should reflect the ability to
create and edit METs and XML files used to create packages.
The Digital Projects Librarian will handle day-to-day production tasks and
ensure the smooth running of the open journal publishing platform. Key tasks
include assisting with the submission system, managing and providing quality
control for electronic files accepted for publication, creating keywords,
abstracts, and indexing data, and updating journal webpages. Experience should
reflect use of open source publishing software and familiarity with creating
and editing HTML webpage files.
In addition to publishing and preservation assignments the Digital Projects
Librarian will enrich existing Dublin Core metadata records using MODS for
digital collections migrated into a soon to be implemented Fedora based
digital library platform.
A Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from and ALA-accredited
institution. One year experience working in the area of digital curation.
Experience using scholarly publishing open source software to create open
access journals and provide instructional support to faculty and campus
partners seeking to publish in open journals.
* Demonstrated knowledge of bibliographic and access standards and preservation practices (e.g. MARCXML, METS, MODS, XML).
* Demonstrated knowledge of controlled vocabularies use (e.g. LCSH, MeSH) and subject vocabulary thesauri (e.g. Getty Geographic names, Art & Architecture, Marine Metadata Interoperability).
* Experience with open-source software tools for publishing (e.g. Open Journal Systems).
* Experience in software editing and creating CSS/HTML for webpages (e.g. Dreamweaver).
* Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software and experience in effectively using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to create documents, reports, and presentations.
* Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, plan, coordinate, and implement digital projects, including managing multiple and simultaneous projects.
* Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to create reports and update project documentation.
* Experience with abstracting and indexing.
* College/Department: S.E. Wimberly Library
* Campus: Boca Raton
* Special Instructions to the Applicant: All applicants must apply electronically to the currently posted position on the Office of Human Resources' job website (https://jobs.fau.edu) by completing the Faculty, Administrative, Managerial & Professional Position Application and submitting the related documents.
The site permits of attachment of required/requested documentation. In
addition to your online application, please upload the following: a cover
letter, curriculum vitae, official transcripts scanned into an electronic
format, and any other documents the applicant deems important.
Degrees from outside the United States must be validated by an organization
belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service
(NACES), with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from
(official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts). The evaluation
should be scanned and electronically attached to one's application as with
other US-based transcripts.
Prior to appointment, the candidate must submit official, sealed transcripts
from all institutions where graduate coursework was attempted, whether or not
a degree was obtained, as well as an original NACES evaluation, if applicable.
Transcripts must be issued to Florida Atlantic University not to you as the
A background check will be required for the candidate selected for this
position. This position is subject to funding.
Individuals requiring accommodation, please call
Quicklink for Posting:
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/9010/