The University of Oregon Libraries is seeking a
**programmer/Web applicatio**n Developer to provide technical management and
support of the library's Web sites and intranets. Full
information is at [http://jobs.uoregon.edu/classified.php?id=4657](http://jobs
**DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:**
This position provides primary programming support for the library's Web sites
and staff intranet and applications development to support library workflows
and services. Duties include:
... providing Drupal and Wordpress customization and module development to
implement and manage library Web sites; building, modifying, testing,
managing, and troubleshooting Web sites to meet customer needs, following best
practices and university standards for Web site development; working in both
production and development environments; ensuring that Web pages and sites
meet current accessibility standards; installing, configuring, maintaining,
and upgrading instances of Drupal and Wordpress; developing interactive
interfaces, middleware, and database solutions for integration into the
library's Web sites; participating as part of the library Web development
... designing, developing, and maintaining Web applications to automate
library workflows; creating and delivering end user and project documentation.
... designing and developing mobile Web sites; adapting existing Web
applications for optimal functionality on mobile devices using responsive
design or other techniques.
... providing technical support and problem resolution to staff using content
management systems and library developed applications; providing training for
deployed Web solutions.
**TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:**
... a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related
programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor's degree in
computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
* Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining complex Web sites using PHP, SQL, WebServices and CSS.
* Professional level experience with custom plugin/module development in Drupal.
* Mobile web and responsive design experience.
* Fluent in one or more of the following database languages: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL or similar.
* Strong experience with database and query optimization.
* Experience with Ruby on Rails.
* Demonstrated expertise with server software installation, configuration, customization, and troubleshooting, preferably with Apache or IIS.
* Demonstrated familiarity and experience with Web accessibility and usability norms/guidelines.
* Ability to quickly troubleshoot and solve technical problems, learn new technologies, work on multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
* Familiarity with user interface issues and information architecture.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, either independently or as part of a collaborative team in a rapidly changing technical environment.
* Demonstrated skills with leadership in project management, consensus building, and problem solving.
* Experience in and/or familiarity with libraries and library services.
* Excellent oral and written communication, the ability to translate technical processes and solutions into terms understandable by a non-technical audience.
* Experience working with diverse user base.
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application
form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not
be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8983/