The Brown University Library seeks an innovative and user-oriented
informational professional to join the Research and Outreach Services
Department as the Life Sciences Librarian. As the Library's
primary liaison to the Departments of Biology, CLPS (Cognition, Linguistics,
and Psychological Sciences), and others, the Life Sciences Librarian plays a
central role in developing library services and collections to support
teaching and scientific research in the life sciences.
The Life Sciences Librarian initiates and builds relationships with faculty,
postdocs, graduate students and undergraduate concentrators to determine and
meet their current information needs and to anticipate future
needs. S/he will work closely with the Health Sciences
Librarian (of the Warren S. Alpert School of Medicine and the School of Public
Health), the Scientific Data Curator, the Physical Sciences Librarian and
other library staff.
Together with other Research and Outreach Services Librarians, the Center for
Digital Scholarship and other campus partners, the Life Sciences Librarian
will provide subject-based reference services, and teach effective information
seeking techniques for scientific research to students and faculty. The
successful candidate will maintain a strong awareness of issues related to
scholarly communications including copyright, open access, repositories, and
licensing of online resources.
To fulfill these responsibilities successfully, the incumbent Life Sciences
Librarian have a strong academic background in biology, psychology or other
life sciences field and have significant hands-on
experience with relevant technologies and bibliographic tools.
* Masters in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution or an advanced degree in a life sciences field.
* At least 3 years work experience in life sciences librarianship, or other relevant field.
* Knowledge of the scholarly communications process (publishing, copyright, repositories)
* Knowledge and experience with appropriate data services (PubMed, Web of Science, etc.) and software (e.g. RefWorks, EndNote, Zotero, Mendeley, etc.)
* Demonstrated ability with instruction and presentation skills.
* Ability to acquire new technological skills & resolve problems in a resourceful and timely manner
* Evidence of the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; strong analytical and organizational skills; ability to manage time and multiple projects in a complex, changing environment with a positive, flexible, creative and innovative attitude
To apply for this position (Job # B01516), please visit Brown's Online
Employment website (https://careers.brown.edu), complete an application
online, attach documents, and submit for immediate
consideration. Documents should include cover letter,
resume, and the names and e-mail addresses of three
references. Review of applications will continue until the
position is filled.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/9647/