We are looking for a part time (20 hours per week) community manager to help
build our growing network of cultural heritage professionals, researchers and
hackers working to open up data and content held by galleries, libraries,
archives and museums (GLAMs) on the web.
The Open Knowledge Foundation is recruiting a community manager with
experience in the field of open cultural heritage data and/or the Digital
Humanities to work on the OpenGLAM initiative and Digitised Manuscripts to
The Open Knowledge Foundation has been building a network of cultural heritage
professionals and humanities researchers committed to making more of our
cultural heritage available available on the internet free of charge for
everyone to use, re-use and enjoy.
If you have a passion for cultural heritage and want to see more of it open
for re-use on the web, we'd love to hear from you.
You'd be involved in:
* Supporting the developer community at the Open Knowledge Foundation that is building open source tools for working with cultural data, see Culture Labs
* Writing blog posts for the OpenGLAM blog
* Running workshops on open licensing and open data standards for professionals from galleries, libraries, archives and museums
* Pitching the value of open data and content to cultural heritage professionals
* Working with the DM2E project Consortium to publicise the open source tools for working with cultural content being produced as part of the project
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Copywriting skills (English)
* Self starter
* Familiarity with Google tools and WordPress
* Knowledge of open licensing
* Events organisation experience
* Time and willingness to travel
If you would like to apply, please email [log in to unmask] with "OpenGLAM
Community Manager" in the subject line. Please include both:
* A 1-minute video that explains some of the main benefits of greater openness in the cultural heritage sector
* Your CV
Applications close on 16th September 2013.
- See more at: http://okfn.org/jobs/#OpenGLAMCommunityManager
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/9764/