Excuse cross posting.
Save the date!
Are your curious to find out how different libraries (academic, public and special) have made the switch to a new ILS? If so, please attend the California Academic and Research Library Association's (CARL) webinar series "So you're thinking of upgrading your ILS".
The series of free webinars will be on Wednesday, October 9 from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Pacific Time and Wednesday, October 16 from 11:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time. The first webinar will include panelists that have switched to proprietary ILSs and the second will include panelists that have switched to open source ILSs.
The three Panelists for Wednesday October 9 are
* Pearl Ly, Interim Assistant Dean, Library Services, Pasadena City College. PCC switched from ExLibris's Voyager to OCLC Worldshare
* Dana M. Miller, Head of Metadata and Cataloging, Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, University of Nevada Reno, UNR upgraded from Innovative's Millennium to Sierra
* Jennifer D. Ware, Acquisitions Librarian, California State University, Sacramento, CSUS switched from Innovative's Millennium to ExLibris's Alma
The four Panelists for Wednesday October 16 are
* Rogan Hamby, Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services, York County Library Systems, South Carolina; Operations Manager, SCLENDS, a 19 library consortium, migration project manager. Most libraries switched from Horizon, TLC and Unicorn to Evergreen
* Janel Kinlaw, Broadcast Librarian, National Public Radio, NPR's Library upgraded from Techlib to Collective Access
* George Williams, Access Services Manager, Latah County Library District, Idaho, their 52 library consortium switched from ExLibris's Voyager to Koha.
* Merrillene Wood, Interim Library Director, Western Nebraska Community College, WNCC switched from Follett Destiny as an individual entity to a statewide KOHA consortium (Pioneer)
Information on how to register for this series will be sent out in September!
John Spoor Broome Library
California State University, Channel Islands
[Description: Description: CI Formal Logo_1B grad_em signature]