The Digital Preservation Librarian plays a key role in preserving Dartmouth
College Library's collections by enhancing the Library's capacity to preserve
and provide access to all our digital materials both commercially acquired and
locally produced. Working closely with the head of Preservation Services and
Library staff involved in the acquisition, creation, description, security,
and management of information resources, the Digital Preservation Librarian
explores, adapts, implements, and manages emerging digital preservation
policies and strategies in support of Library digital collections and
Skills & Knowledge
* Demonstrated knowledge of current technologies, standards, and practices in preservation of digital collections including PREMIS, OAIS, and TDR.
* Knowledge of current research on contingency plans against threats to the digital collections, such as industry changes to file formats, natural disaster, and security breaches.
* Working knowledge of intellectual property and licensing issues as related to electronic resources and digital archives.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in and to lead teams and small groups.
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
* Ability to work independently, show leadership, prioritize and manage projects.
* Strong computing background.
* Prior experience with format validation and conversion methods
* Some experience with data integrity techniques & technologies.
* Experience with long term storage planning.
* Experience with digital asset management such as ContentDm, Fedora, or other system.
* Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program desired.
* digital resource management or the equivalent in experience preferred.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/9470/