Bibliomation, Inc. is Connecticut's largest library consortium consisting of
over 60 member libraries. Bibliomation libraries manage
resources and materials using a shared Evergreen open source integrated
library system. Other member services include website
hosting, email, downloadable electronic media, and network
telecommunications. Offices are located in Waterbury, CT.
Bibliomation is seeking an Evergreen Systems Specialist to join the Evergreen
The Evergreen Systems Specialist will:
• Report to the Evergreen Systems Manager, working closely to manage the
Evergreen system which is operated using a virtual Linux multi-server
• Assist in troubleshooting software issues by performing log analysis and
• Assist in technical tasks associated with backup and recovery activities.
• Monitor system performance and adjust operating systems and applications to
avoid performance issues.
• Install and test new Evergreen software patches and releases.
• Make new recommendations or modify existing system configurations based on
member library needs.
• Perform systems integration testing of various operating systems, databases,
system utilities, and hardware upgrades.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer/Information Science or in a
• 1-3 years working experience
• Proficiency with Linux operating systems
• Relational database experience, including SQL scripting
• Familiarity with virtualization tools
• Oral and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate well within a team environment
• Working knowledge of or experience with software development and version
• Familiarity with libraries or education
• Experience with open source software projects
Bibliomation offers a comprehensive benefit package. The salary range for this
position is $50-55k.
**Deadline:** Cover letters and resumes should be submitted to [log in to unmask] by Friday, September 27th.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/9829/