The City of Avondale seeks an exceptional information technology professional
to perform business solutions work in the administration, support, and
implementation of library technologies. Come join the City team! This position
is full-time, with benefits and is FLSA exempt.
The individual in this role serves in the City's Libraries Division and
Business Systems Division. This position performs professional-level
information systems work in the administration and support of City libraries
with special emphasis on library management systems; asset management; user
computer, wireless, and print support; and business process automation. On a
day-to-day basis, the individual in this position ensures assigned
environments/systems are maintained for optimal use by Library patrons and
City staff while adhering to strong IT management practices. They oversee
vendors and contracted activity; maintain site technologies and installations;
and support critical networked business systems.
The roles of this position require regular travel to various City sites to
work with functional and technical staff. Four days per week will be spent at
library sites and one day per week will be spent in the IT Department to
coordinate and improve services for the libraries. This team member will also
have on-call and after-hours work as needed.
Examples of Duties:
The broad functions of this classification include the following: Plan/design,
develop, program, implement, integrate, maintain, and administer business
systems to meet the operational requirements of City libraries. In performing
these duties, the incumbent must meet functional, availability, and security
standards. They must provide exceptional technical support and assistance to
City employees, citizens, and coworkers.
Specific duties include:
* Providing guidance in all areas of the application life-cycle, including requirements engineering; vendor management; and software configuration and deployment management.
* Complex project planning, project management, and vendor management.
* Support of library systems and technical equipment distributed at City sites, including stations, kiosks, computers, printers, and wireless.
* Providing exceptional technical support and assistance to City employees, citizens, and coworkers; and library patrons.
* Achieving maximum uptime, solutions availability, user-side performance, disaster recovery, and third-party tools integration. Incumbent must define and monitor performance metrics to identify and correct deficiencies.
* Evaluating technology products and services.
* Designing and supporting optimal workflows and methods.
* Researching problems, coordinating corrective action, and managing cases; documenting work; and remarking code.
* Communicating clearly and diplomatically in written and verbal form, including strong presentation and training skills.
* Maintaining security and integrity controls of application systems, software tools, databases, data ownership, and access/modification rights.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
* At least three years of experience supporting customer-facing technology systems. Specifically, experience must involve some mix of administering and supporting library managements systems; asset management systems; point-of-sale systems; user computer, wireless, and print services; and business process automation solutions.
* Obtain and maintain (1) a valid Arizona Operator's Driver's License, (2) ACJIS TOC Level D certification, and (3) City IT security access within 30 days of hire.
* Experience implementing, maintaining, and/or supporting library technology systems; including integrated library systems, Polaris, EnvisionWare, CLASS, and computer management systems.
* At least two years of experience supporting hardware, telecommunications, and business systems in a library or research institution operation, across multiple sites.
* Certifications relevant to position description--e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), or Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM).
* Work requires the ability to read and thoroughly comprehend complex and highly technical material including application manuals and other information technology literature.
* Work requires the ability to understand and complete the moderately complex mathematical calculations required for database management and data analysis including statistical analysis and algorithms.
* Work requires the ability to write memos, documents, and training materials with highly technical content so that the ideas are communicated clearly and effectively.
* Must have an advanced ability to solve problems and analyze data to provide the requisite support to other Department personnel.
* Must have strong project management, time management, and organization skills in order to monitor and review existing programs, determine their effectiveness by analyzing the findings, and make recommendations for program changes. It is critical this position effectively manage division demands within the City's central technology requirements to avert operational and management issues.
* The incumbent provides budget projections for the Department in determining current and future application and automation needs. Develop and monitor project and program costs.
* May require managing and monitoring work performance of vendors and peers in a limited project setting.
* Within this job, the employee normally performs the duty assignment within broad parameters defined by general organizational requirements and accepted practices. Total end results determine effectiveness of job performance.
* The incumbents in this position work with Department staff to problem solve and provide advice for improved productivity; provide technology user training and liaison with the Information Technology Department. In addition, these incumbents work with individuals outside the City who may belong to professional or peer organizations. Working with various state and federal agencies may also be required of the employee. Vendors and suppliers may also be called upon for information on purchases, supplies or products. Meetings and discussions may be conducted with customers, brokers and sales representatives. Must have positive, team-oriented, leadership skills. Employee must maintain regular attendance.
An on-line employment application must be completed in order to be considered
for this position. Please contact the Human Resources Department at
623-333-2200 if you have any concerns or issues with your application.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/9644/