**Apologies for cross posting**
The LITA/ALCTS Marc Formats Transition Interest Group invites proposals for
presentations for its session at the 2014 ALA Midwinter Conference in
Philadelphia , Pennsylvania. The meeting will take place on Saturday,
January 25th, from 3pm to 4pm.
Proposals may be between 15 to 30 minutes in length. Possible topics
include, but are not limited to:
* Harvesting bibliographic data from MARC records for use in discovery
tools, next-gen catalogs and other applications
* Transforming MARC data to other metadata schemes (BIBFRAME, Dublin Core,
EAD, VRA, etc…)
* Using data from MARC records with data from linked data sources
* Discussions of recent MARC changes, RDA in MARC or ongoing problems or
complexities of the standard.
* Other unconventional projects using MARC data.
Proposals should be e-mailed to Sarah Weeks ([log in to unmask]) by Monday,
November 11, 2013. Please include presentation title, summary, amount of
time needed for the presentation, and the names, titles and contact
information for the presenter(s).
Sarah Beth Weeks
Head of Technical Services
St Olaf College Rolvaag Memorial Library
1510 St. Olaf Avenue
Northfield, MN 55057