Innovative Interfaces creates cutting-edge products that allow libraries to
succeed in a modern technology environment and the freedom to implement
solutions that best meet their specific needs. An established company with a
vision for the future, Innovative connects with thousands of libraries of all
types in over 50 countries.
Based in Emeryville, CA, this individual contributor position in the
Professional Services Department (PSD) will be responsible for overseeing the
end to end pre-sales to delivery activities for developing new features,
customizations and enhancements to Innovative's core library products. Whilst
a development background is desired to understand how deliverables can be re-
used or incorporated into core product, it is also important to have solid
customer facing skills in order to position and evaluate the need for custom
solutions with clients. Duties will span scoping in pre-sales, technical
review of solutions, coordinating proposal to delivery with client as well
internal management of activities to drive robust, quality deliverables. As
such, this person will have excellent organizational, communication, and
facilitation skills to navigate matrix virtual reporting relationships. This
individual will also support an annual services quota with the license sales
team to ensure financial goals are met in tandem.
* Oversees the process for delivering quality custom solutions to our customers
* Evaluates pre-sales delivery custom proposals for review and guidance
* Acts as liaison between customer stakeholders and Innovative departments responsible for building and delivering the solution
* Demonstrates deep knowledge of all library product offerings, with ability to provide recommendations of new features and modifications based on past client experience
* Actively participates in the ongoing development and improvement of overall PSD processes and standards.
* Technical leadership - works with development team to scope work and produce estimates to help define deliverables and timelines
* Provides budget and financial goals outlook for custom development
* Develop reports and feedback to inform internal and external stakeholders as well as keeping abreast of technical offerings and market needs in the library industry
* Offers sound guidance to senior leadership on all custom solution management and customers issues that will impact Innovative
* Works across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with differing perspectives and experience to find solutions.
* Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
* Displays leadership through innovation
* Displays personal & corporate integrity
* 10+ years experience of Enterprise software consulting experience
* Quick grasp of customer requirements and ability to translate them into technical proposals
* Sound understanding of MLS library technical practices and procedures, with experience of integrated library systems highly desired
* Deep understanding of software architecture, patterns and common software frameworks with integration to 3rd party software
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task in successfully managing customer relationships.
* Demonstrated skills in leading collaborative, remote & offshore cross-functional teams.
* Solid understanding of overall project management techniques, governance, risk management, financial and budget management.
* Excellent interpersonal communications skills, capable of leading conversations with senior management for both Innovative and the customer
* Understands basic services revenue models with P&L, and cost to completion projections
* Strong knowledge of business fundamentals and operations.
* Advanced oral and written communication skills.
* Superb problem solving and analytical skills.
* Strong negotiation and conflict management skills.
* Strong leadership and influencing skills.
* Ability to travel for key customer meetings (20%)
* BS or equivalent experience.
* Experience with various UNIX platforms (IBM/Linux, Sun/Solaris, etc).
* Knowledge of networking, TCP/IP, and client/server technology.
* Experience working with one or more of the following technologies: Apache, Tomcat, PostgreSQL, LDAP, SSL.
Strong knowledge of the Innovative product line, especially the Millennium and
To apply please click here: [https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6477681](h
Our Emeryville headquarters is within walking distance of the bay, over 30
restaurants, an Apple store, the Guitar Center, dozens of retail shops, and
the Public Market food court.Emeryville is 15 minutes from
downtown San Francisco by car, and a free shuttle ride away from Bart. Please
note: Innovative Interfaces Inc. does not sponsor or transfer any type of
immigrant or non-immigrant visa. [www.iii.com](http://www.iii.com) Innovative
Interfaces is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10197/