OMNITEC Solutions, Inc. provides creative services in Broadcast and Audio
Visual, Feature Videos, Photography and Design Services
areas. The ideal candidate will have skills archiving
multimedia & digital records, with past experience supporting Public Affairs
or a media production team to facilitate effective metadata tagging specific
to the needs of this team, and also have a working knowledge of Audio-Visual
systems and tools. The digital assets developed are
preserved, organized and distributed using a Digital Asset Management System
The Digital Archivist will operate the system and manage the video, audio,
photo and graphic design elements, by developing meta-data, cataloguing
schemes and approaches and ensuring access to the assets from a staff
population of 3000.
This is a full-time, on-site position in Washington, DC, 20431.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Act as a system administrator and manage the overall collection of the digital media assets (video, photography, audio and design files)
* Ensure effective metadata tagging, file structure and find-ability.
* Create archive (file) structure for each asset group to best accommodate end users and content producers' needs.
* Meta-tag and catalogue newly edited and unedited digital assets (video, photography, audio and design files)
* Prepare digital files of hard media legacy assets.
* Develop taxonomy and document archival protocols.
* Contribute in the development of archiving standards and workflow.
* Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
* Configure digital archive software, manage user accounts, and control access (ACL management).
* Provide hands-on training and support for new internal and general users.
* Master's Degree from an ALA-accredited program with a concentration in information science, archives management, library science or comparable program.
* Thorough knowledge of and experience with digital asset management.
* Thorough knowledge of metadata schemas and standards; experience with metadata standards.
* Demonstrated knowledge of digital archives, electronic record management, and digital preservation practice.
* Experience working for an in-house media production team that handles design files, audio, video and photography.
* Experience with the "Media Beacon" DAM tool is highly preferred!
Please forward your resume and compensation history to
[log in to unmask]
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10308/