Are you a Java Developer who craves the opportunity to
write code that drives our products and enables things to get
done? Do you enjoy interacting collaboratively with
Software Development, QA and Project Management teams to create software
products that truly matter?
Then we want you to bring your smarts, passion and innovative ideas to our
team and help us conquer the challenges of bringing the "best of the best"
software products to market for our library patrons and resource manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Configuring and maintaining implementations for acquiring content for Summon
• Supporting our internal metadata librarians, implementation teams, and
support organization through Content Tools development
• Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work
• 1+ years of strong skills in Unix/Linux and shell scripting
• Familiarity with a variety of data formats and encodings such as XML, HTML,
• Knowledge of regular expressions, XQuery/XPath, XML, XSLT
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this
position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
• Programming skills in Python or Java
• Background working with Library Catalogs
• Fluency in languages other than English
Other important information about this position:
• This position is typically based in the Seattle office and may be
appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some
scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to
make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the
multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general
overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the
nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10208/